Harry M. Bailey founded Bailey Machine Company in January 1937. Harry began a machine and repair shop in the small garage behind his home.
In 1964 Bob Bailey became president and expanded the business by moving
In 1982 Robert L. Bailey Jr. joins the company
In 1984 a 3000 sq. ft. showroom was added to the South Shelby St. building
In 1992 Bob Bailey retires and Robert L. Bailey Jr. is named President.
In 1994 Steven H. Bailey joins the company.
In 1999 Bailey Tools opens a branch in Evansville IN.
In December 2003 Bailey Tools moves into its new 25,000 sq. ft. facility at 1338 South Shelby Street.
In October 2009 an Indianapolis location is added.